For forty-seven years, Duke practiced law in offices adjacent to the Albemarle County Courthouse, at 1 Court Square (shown at left in a 1920 Sanborn Corporation Map). The firm of Duke, Duke and Gentry moved into a building at 5th and Jefferson in 1921, when the town claimed the space on which Duke’s old offices set for use as a park. Duke’s post-1921 offices are possibly those shown on the right. Each office was an easy walk from Duke’s nearby home at 546 Park Street.
|The probable locations of Duke’s law
offices. Pre- and post-1921 are
circled in yellow on each